Below is information to help you with the game. Please check though the article before emailing us, as you may get an answer quicker that way!
iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Support
General Smooth Running on iOS
As a game with lots of graphics, animations and effects, it may push your iOS device hard. To enjoy the game optimally we suggest making sure the battery is fully charged and/or the device is plugged into the mains. You can also ensure that your device has plenty of free memory by fully quitting applications you are not using, as pressing the home button to close an app does not mean it is not still running in the background. For more on closing app to free up memory see this video.
Game Speed & Sensitivity
With Android devices, when you run an app and then close it, more often than not the app is still running in the background taking up a bit of memory and processor time. If there is a lot running in the background it can seem like the game is slow and/or the sensitivity is low. You can try to fix this by killing all the apps running in the back ground that you don’t need. To do this:
- Select ‘Settings‘.
- Then select ‘Applications‘.
- Now select ‘Manage applications‘.
- Then select the ‘Running‘ tab at the top of the screen. This will then list all of the running applications.
- Simply select each one and then press ‘Force stop‘ before hitting the back button to select the next one.
- Repeat until all are closed.
- Quit out of the Manage applications area and try running the game again.
Reporting an Issue
If none of these answer your problems, then email us at longitude [dot] prize [at] nesta [dot] org [dot] uk and we’ll do our best to answer them. We’ve done our best to make the game work fully and be bug free. If you spot something that is a problem then you may wish to help us and your fellow gamers by reporting the bug to us so we can try to fix it.
There is some additional information which would be a huge help if you could gather.
- If you are using an iOS device: It helps for us to know what type of device it is (iPhone or iPad) and what version, that is a huge help. Just add this information to the email. It also helps us to know what version of the iOS operating system you are currently running. There is a guide to identifying the iOS operating system version number here.
- If you are using an Android device: It is a huge help to tell us what sort of phone or tablet it is. There is a guide to the device here. If you could also tell us what operating system the device is running, that also helps. There is a guide to finding out here.
For all platforms: Please tell us what happened in the game when the bug occurred. The more information you can give us, the easier it is to track down the problem. If you can grab a screenshot, that is a huge help too!
Thanks and good luck playing the game!