What are the Discovery Awards?
The Discovery Awards were small seed grants to help teams and individuals further develop their ideas for the Longitude Prize.
The third round of seed funding is CLOSED for judging. It will be provided by BIRAC (a public sector company of the Government of India) and was open exclusively to teams based in India.
Who can apply?
This round of the Discovery Awards was open to Indian teams only.
In future we will particularly want to encourage competitors who:
- Are unable to access other sources of funding
- Have reached a barrier in progressing the development of their idea
- Are working in collaboration across sectors, disciplines or geographies which make it difficult to access other sources of funding
- Are working on an idea that is difficult to access other sources of funding for
- Are in a stage of development where it is difficult to access other sources of funding
- Are working on a very novel idea
How to apply
This round is now closed.
You need to be registered for the Longitude Prize before you submit your application for the Discovery Awards. Registration is simple and only takes a few minutes. Register Here.
After you have registered, click on Apply Now to go to our secure online submission platform where you will be able to complete our short application.
You can begin your application and save it to complete at a later date.
You must submit your application no later than midnight IST Friday 1 September 2017.
When completing your application, please consider the following:
- Is your idea novel and within the scope of the Longitude Prize?
- Is your proposed budget a feasible amount to help you achieve your stated activities?
- If you receive a Discovery Award for the amount requested, will this help you progress your ideas to the next stage of development?
Please make sure to read our full Terms and Conditions and guidance notes before applying.